Around 915 tonight I pulled back into the same spot I pulled out of back on July 10.
Here’s the breakdown:
- One-Hundred Thirty-Two days
- 17,392 miles
- 30 states – counting ones passed through in the car or on the train. And one foreign country – not counting my European travels.
- Visits to Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Savannah, Tampa, Mobile, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Denver, Omaha, Chicago. And that’s just the short list.
- I crossed the Mississippi, the Missouri, the Wabash, the Rio Grande, and countless other streams and tributaries.
- I dipped my toes in both the Atlantic Ocean – off Nags Head – and the Pacific Ocean – off San Clemente.
- I drove through all four American deserts: Chihuhuan, Sonoran, Mojave and the Great Basin
- I crossed the Rockies, the Sierra Nevada, the Appalachians and innumerable other smaller mountain ranges.
In short, it’s been a hell of an adventure. I haven’t even begun to process the magnitude of what I’ve done. Europe feels like it was a lifetime away. Hell, my August travels through Florida feel like a lifetime away.
Guess I’m ready to go again. Maybe I’ll wait until the weather breaks then head out north and west. Lots more to see.